Proven Leadership PROGRESSIVE CONSERVATIVE PARTY OF NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR

In his own words...

Saturday, September 22, 2007

A team is made up of individuals

I have mentioned many times how proud I am to be part of the Danny Williams PC Team, and how I feel that their vision will help carry this province forward into a time of new prosperity.


However, that doesn't mean I am going to lose my individual vision, and my intention to put the needs of my district first. I do not blindly follow the crowd, even in a group I make my own decisions.


One of the reasons people assemble teams to work on projects (even one as large as running this province) is to get input from a variety of people, with varied backgrounds and different experiences. Everyone on a team brings something unique to the table, and they get the opportunity to have their views heard.


I love to work as part of a team for that reason: the energy generated by so many different viewpoints, the passion that each person brings for their perspective. And I love the next stage of teamwork, the stage that moves things forward, that gets things done: collaboration and compromise. That's the stage in which the team finds a way to address as many of the needs of its members of as possible.


The value of that energy and that collaboration is immeasurable and that's why I look forward working with a REAL team - a bunch of go-getters who aren't afraid to make themselves heard - individually and as a group.