Proven Leadership PROGRESSIVE CONSERVATIVE PARTY OF NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR

In his own words...

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Campaign Headquarters open!

Thank you to everyone who came out to HQ on Sunday night, it was a great office warming!

My office in Pearl Place on Commonwealth Avenue is really the hub of my campaign work. Obviously it is the place where my literature is sorted and divided for distribution, where phone calls are made a received, and where constituents can bring their questions and concerns, and where volunteers can come to learn how then can help.

But it is also much more than that.

With any team, it is important to have a gathering place, a place where the members can meet and get to know each other and really feel the bonds that bring them together. For members of my team, that gathering place is my campaign office. That's where people can drop in, have a cup of coffee, discuss plans, meet other volunteers, and talk with me.

While I am one person running for office, I could not do that without the support of my team, and being in my campaign headquarters reminds me that while I may be the public face of this group, there are a lot of people supporting me in concrete, practical ways every day. I am honoured by their support.

And I am honoured by the support and encouragement of the community at large as well. While I know all the members of my campaign team, I may only get a few minutes to talk to members of the larger team - the District of Mount Pearl North - but I feel that we are all working together to keep the communities of Paradise and Mount Pearl strong and progressive.

We have a winning team. Let's keep it that way!