Proven Leadership PROGRESSIVE CONSERVATIVE PARTY OF NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR

In his own words...

Monday, September 3, 2007

I'm all ears

For me, getting to talk to people on the street, at their doors, or even at the supermarket is one of the best parts of campaigning. It's great to hear people's concerns, and answer their questions directly, and to reassure them that their needs are important to me.
Some might assume that the comments made in a quick chat are easily lost, but not for me. I am careful to make note of conversations, and concerns expressed so I can bring them to the appropriate person to deal with them, or handle it myself at the appropriate time.
It is both exciting and refreshing to meet so many residents of Mount Pearl North, and hear what they have to say about the district and their place in it. I have a vision for the district of Mount Pearl North. And that vision has come from talking to area residents, learning what they need and what they want and what they see as the best way to get there.
I am working for the people of this district, I want to be their voice in the House of Assembly. And the only effective way to do that is to listen carefully to what they have to say.

So as Frasier Crane used to say, 'Go ahead, I'm listening.' :-)