Proven Leadership PROGRESSIVE CONSERVATIVE PARTY OF NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR

In his own words...

Monday, September 3, 2007

Volunteers - the lifeblood of a community

Every community depends heavily on its volunteers, whether they are people visiting the sick, helping in the school library, collecting for charity, or just being neighbourly. In these busy times, it is hard to keep connections between individuals, families and community organizations, and it is volunteers that bridge those gaps.
Volunteer opportunities abound, and anyone interested can find a way to use their skills to help the community and expand their own abilities. And it is important that we all find ways to thank the volunteers that keep our communities running, and let them know how much we appreciate their work.
Volunteers truly are at the heart of our communities. That's part of what makes Paradise and Mount Pearl so strong.
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the volunteers who are helping me with my campaign. Their hard work and dedication will make a huge difference in my success. I appreciate their belief in me, and their willingness to work on my behalf during the election season.

All organizations (including my campaign team!) can always use more volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering, contact one of the many organizations in our communities and they will be able to help you find a satisfying position.

If you are interested in working as part of my campaign team, please contact steve@stevekent.ca or 745.5368.